This is an easy and delicious meat sauce that I use as the base of most of my Italian dishes. You can eat it alone with pasta or use it in other dishes like chicken parm or baked ziti.
- Olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 jar of marinara sauce (I like Barilla)
- Heat up olive oil in a deep frying pan. Add ground beef, a generous helping of salt and cook until crumbled and brown.
- Add chopped onion and fry until onions become clear.
- Add garlic, generous Italian seasoning and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Cook for an additional minute or two.
- Add marinara sauce and combine. Heat until boiling, lower heat and then simmer for about 5-10 minutes.