For my boyfriend and my anniversary, I wanted to make a big breakfast including pancakes, eggs, English muffins, bacon … pretty much the works. I found this great recipe for blueberry buttermilk pancakes and I was surprised with how delicious they were! Pretty simple to put together, too and we just put some maple syrup on top to finish.
Since there were only two of us, I halved the recipe and it made about 9 small pancakes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/8 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat the egg, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients into a lumpy batter. Do not overmix!
- Heat up a frying pan or griddle with some butter.
- Pour batter into pan to make small pancakes and place some blueberries on top of each one.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, so each side is nicely brown.