This recipe was originally from Ina Garten and I mostly follow it with just a few changes. I like this recipe because it’s quick and tastes delicious, but the high butter and olive oil content mean it’s not the healthiest. It’s one of my boyfriend’s favorites.
- 1 box of linguine (I like spinach linguine)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shrimp (fresh or frozen), peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 of a lemon, cut into thin slices
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- Boil your pasta according to box instructions. Drain and set aside when done.
- In a large heavy bottomed pan, melt butter and olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring often.
- Remove from heat. Add parsely, lemon juice, lemon slices and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Add linguine, toss and serve.