This is a really quick and easy recipe that is also pretty healthy, depending on what kind of rice you use. Since rice holds well in the fridge and is easily reheatable, you can make a big batch of rice to save for later. Also, you can use regular cooking oil if you don’t have sesame oil, but I think the sesame oil gives it a really good taste.
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Your favorite fresh stir fry veggies, chopped up (I recommend onions, zucchini, carrots and peppers)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Teriyaki sauce (I recommend Kikkoman)
- Soy sauce (I recommend low-sodium Kikkoman)
- Ginger, ground or grated
- Heat up sesame oil in a frying pan or wok.
- Add your chopped veggies and garlic to the hot oil and stir fry until they are cooked through. This should only take about 3-5 minutes, depending on your veggies.
- Add enough teriyaki sauce to coat your veggies and more if you want.
- Add a small amount of soy sauce and as much ginger as you like.
- Keep stir frying until its heated throughout. This should only take about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.