Pasta is such a versatile and usually easy thing to put together. You can also make it in huge quantities and reheat it easily. This recipe involves my favorite sauce: vodka sauce. The bacon is optional if you’re vegetarian; the dish will still taste delicious without it. I personally love to top it with some grilled chicken covered with Italian seasoning or some delicious bread.
- 1 box of penne pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas, slightly thawed
- 1 jar of vodka sauce (I recommend Bertolli)
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-6 strips of thick cut bacon, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Prepare penne pasta according to box instructions, until about 2 minutes are left for cooking.
- Add frozen peas directly to boiling pasta. Wait until the water boils again.
- Cook the pasta and peas for another 2-4 minutes, until pasta and peas are both done. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add chopped onion, bacon and garlic to heated oil. Cook until bacon is browned and onions are translucent (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add vodka sauce and cooked pasta and peas to the pan with the onion, bacon and garlic. Combine and heat thoroughly, until sauce is bubbling.