I recently found a great specialty food market nearby that not only had better products, but is a bit more affordable than my usual supermarket. I was in the mood for pesto sauce, so I found this Pesto Cream Sauce recipe from Pioneer Woman and headed to the market to get fresh ingredients. It was super easy and quick to make and ended up being really delicious! My boyfriend ended up eating two plates. I’ve pasted the recipe here for convenience.
- 3/4 cups basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 box of your favorite pasta
- Prepare pasta according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add basil, cheese, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper to your food processor.
- Turn the processor on and add the olive oil little by little. Continue blending until combined.
- Heat heavy cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until butter is melted.
- Add pesto to saucepan and stir.
- Combine pesto with pasta and stir. Add diced tomatoes and toss.