This dish is the ultimate “I have no time” or “I feel really lazy” dish. It takes literally 15 minutes from start to finish and involves only a handful of ingredients you can find at any grocery store. Plus, it tastes pretty good! It’s not going to blow your mind, but it’s a solid tomato and basil pasta dish that can make a hearty dinner. (Plus, it’s a fairly healthy dish if you omit the parmesan cheese at the end) I like to add a bit more red pepper flakes to give it a kick.
I got the recipe from Lottie + Doof, who adapted it from a Martha Stewart recipe. I pasted it below for convenience.
- 1 box linguine (I like to use spinach or whole-wheat linguine)
- 12 oz cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Combine all ingredients in a large skillet or heavy bottomed pan. The pan should be big enough that the linguine can lay flat.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for about 9 minutes while stirring frequently, until water is nearly evaporated and the pasta is al dente.
- Season to taste and serve. Optionally add olive oil and parmesan cheese on top.