I know I’ve been posting a lot of recipes from Skinnytaste, but the site is so great for finding healthy and yummy recipes. Seriously, every dish I’ve tried from her site has been so delicious. One of my recent favorites has been her Grilled Chicken Bruschetta, which is so quick and easy but incredibly flavorful. I’ve had it once over pasta and once with mashed cauliflower, but it could go great with any carb or even a bed of lettuce. Plus, mozzarella + balsamic + tomato = one of the greatest combos ever.
I’ve posted the recipe below for convenience but she has a lot of great pictures on the blog post.
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced
- 1.25 lb thin chicken breasts
- Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Set aside a few minutes.
- Place chopped tomatoes in a large bowl. Combine with garlic, basil, salt and pepper and the onion/balsamic mix you put aside.
- Set aside the tomato mix for at least 10 minutes.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your grill (I use a George Foreman) and oil the surface to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Grill chicken for 2 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Add mozzarella into the tomato mix and toss.
- Serve chicken breasts with the tomato mixture on top.