I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t had time to cook as much as I want to. Because I’m busy, I get excited when I find a recipe that’s so easy to prepare, it seems just as convenient as take out. This recipe was found on The Kitchn and it was very easy and quick, plus only involved one pan! (My favorite kind of recipe) It also seemed healthy-ish with the addition of spinach and sweet potato. The recipe says it serves 4 people but I’ll admit, my fiance and I ate the entire thing between the two of us. (Whoops)
I’ve posted the recipe below for convenience but you can find the whole recipe here.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp minced rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 oz baby spinach, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 12 oz bag of frozen tortellini
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in sweet potato, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cover and stir occasionally for 5 minutes, until the sweet potato begins to soften.
- Uncover the skillet and add the broth, scraping off any browned bits from the skillet.
- Add the spinach in small handfuls, stirring until they are wilted.
- Stir in the half-and-half.
- Cover and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Uncover and stir in the tortellini.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the tortellini are plump and cooked through.