Usually I make some sort of dessert for Thanksgiving at my mother’s house. Last year, I made Turtle Cookies (which were super tasty) but this year I wanted to make something a little more decorative.
I came across this awesome video of Turkey Cupcakes from Kawaii Sweet World and decided to try them:
I won’t go into detail about the decorating part, but what I liked about her video was how nice her cupcake recipe was! It made the most perfect cupcakes, especially for decorating, with nice round tops. They did lean a little on the sweet side, but you could probably adjust the sugar if you want. Her video also comes with a frosting recipe, so click through if you want that too.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Mix in one egg at a time.
- Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Add half the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and combine.
- Add the milk and combine.
- Finish adding the dry ingredients and combine.
- Divide the batter between 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Also, my own turkeys turned out pretty cute too!