Recently we had some leftover butternut squash (after a failed experiment to spiralize it) and wanted to cook it easily and quickly on a weeknight. I also got my hands on a bunch of kale, something I don’t usually cook with. I found a recipe that quickly sauteed the squash over some store-bought ravioli, and decided to throw the kale in for some extra nutrients and taste. It actually turned out to be a very satisfying meal and we’ll definitely add it to our meal rotation.
You could easily replace the ravioli with whatever you want, like tortellini or any kind of pasta. The cheese adds a nice finish to the meal overall.
I adapted this recipe from this Woman’s Day recipe.
- 1 package ravioli (I used Buitoni four-cheese ravioli)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium butternut squash
- 1 bunch of kale (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheeze, grated
- salt and pepper
- Cook ravioli according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add squash and kale. Season with salt and pepper for taste.
- Cook covered for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and thyme. Cook uncovered for a few minutes, until squash is tender and browned.
- Serve ravioli topped with the vegetables and parmesan cheese.