I’m a big sucker for “one pot” recipes that are super simple, but sometimes they don’t always turn out well. I already make this One Pan Pasta with tomatoes that is pretty decent and great in a pinch, but it’s not the most flavorful dish. However, I found this amazing one pot recipe from Damn Delicious and it was everything I wanted in a quick recipe. It was super easy, super quick and very flavorful. My fiance and I gobbled it up and wanted more. I highly recommend trying it out if you love creamy pasta and want to make it quickly and easily!
We used a bit more cheese because my fiance loved it and since I didn’t have any fresh parsley, I just added a small amount of Italian seasoning to the sauce as it was cooking. It still turned out really great.
Click here for the full recipe. I’ve also pasted it below for convenience.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth (I used reduced sodium broth)
- 1 cup milk (I used 1% milk)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz fettuccine (I used De Cecco)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, milk, butter and fettuccine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 18-20 minutes, or until pasta is cooked.
- Stir in parmesan cheese. If the sauce it too thick, add more milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.